Type #180 Saddles
Glas Mesh FRP Shields and Saddles are non-conductive, pre-shaped 240° or 180° peripheral snap-on pipe saddles, fabricated from a hand laid up ultra-violet protected, salt tolerant, fiberglass reinforced vinylester resin. Pre-selected reinforcements are laminated over specially modified molds to a uniform thickness. Sub-zero temperatures will not affect properties.
- Used by utilities for electrical isolation and abrasion control of bridge mains and by industry for load distribution and protection of insulated pipelines at hangers and supports.
- Provides abrasion control for plastic pipe and wrapped cable systems.
- Direct replacement for metal saddles where electrical isolation and corrosion are issues.
- Saddles may be banded, bonded or taped into place between the pipe and support.
- Special over sized ID Saddles accommodate thick petrolatum type tapes that significantly increase the pipe OD.
- Used with 360° type pipe clamps for above grade atmospheric corrosion protection.
- Special lengths and thicknesses available on an as-need basis.